Monday 27th, Tuesday 28th, and Wednesday 29th April 2020
Lunch: 12:50 – 14:30
Meet a small group for lunch
The CHI 2020 conference is excited to host MeetUps@CHI (formerly lunch@chi) this year. Taking inspiration from similar events at other conferences, we’ll be matching junior researchers just beginning to contribute to the HCI community with researchers who’ve been thinking and writing in this space for years or decades. You’ll get the chance to form lasting relationships with people you might not have otherwise had the opportunity to meet in the hustle and bustle of a conference consisting of thousands of people.
We hope this lunch will prove to be a unique opportunity for you to get to know people at myriad points in their careers and various institutions.
What’s this about?
Meeting people from different institutions who are new to (or well-established in) the field. Getting to know these people in a more personal environment than at CHI.
How does it work?
If you sign up, we’ll place you in a small group with other researchers who share an interest in a topic. Then, you’ll get lunch together and chat about the lunch topic (or whatever else you want!).
Information on logistics
- It will be held at the lunch break on Monday 27th, Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th April 2020.
- We will find and book restaurants for you.
- Everyone will pay for their meals.
- Lunches will be capped at 8 people, including the host(s). Groups between 4-6 people will be confirmed for the date. Groups of 3 or fewer will be removed or encouraged to combine.
How to participate
- Sign up when you register for the conference. If you’ve already registered, you can still join in – just use the link on your confirmation email to add a MeetUps@CHI!
- If you have any questions, feedback or suggestion, we would like to hear from you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anusha Withana and Suranga Nanayakkara.